General Terms and Conditions of using the
Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames web site
Welcome to the official web site of the Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames. For your protection and ours, we have established the following General Terms and Conditions of use for this web site ("User Conditions"). Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames offers you a variety of content and services throughout the web site, all of which are subject to these User Conditions. By using this web site in any way you are agreeing to comply with these User Conditions. As these User Conditions are subject to change without notice, we encourage you to visit this page often. Your use of the web site is also governed by the Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames Confidentiality Policy.
Any modifications of present User Conditions will be included on this page. Your use of the web site after the modifications have been made constitutes acceptance of the User Conditions as modified.
ALWAYS KEEP IN MIND THAT BY USING OUR SITE, YOU AGREE TO THESE USER CONDITIONS.
Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames owns the intellectual property rights to all content on the site as well as the site's design, structure, and compilation (i.e. "look and feel") (Hereinafter: the “Content”). Unless otherwise stated, copyright laws protect all materials contained in the site. The Content is intended for personal use; it may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published or broadcasted for any other purpose without prior written permission of Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames.
Your obligations as a user
To use this web site, you must be 14 years old or older. This web site is not intended for children. We ask that parents make sure that their children do not fill out our online forms.
In addition to abiding by all the User Conditions specified in this document, you must conform to the laws and regulations in the country from which you are visiting the web site and all additional rules governing any particular services that you might use. You may not use the web site for any purposes that violate the laws or regulations of Denmark.
When you sign up for one of the web site's services you must:
- provide true, correct, up-to-date and complete information about yourself;
- regularly maintain and update your registration data in order to keep it true, correct, up-to-date, and complete at all times.
Otherwise, we reserve the right to suspend or cancel your registration and to ban you from using the web site and its services immediately and in the future.
When and by visiting this web site, you agree not to post, publish, transmit or communicate messages that might cause any damage to Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames.
Also, you may not prevent or attempt to prevent other Internet users from using the web site and its services, or interfere with the operations of the web site and its services.
No commercial use
No area of this web site may be used by our visitors for a commercial purpose such as, without limiting the generality of the foregoing: to conduct sales of tickets, merchandise or services of any kind. You must obtain written consent from Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames prior to making any direct or indirect commercial offers of any kind, whether by advertising, solicitation, links, or any other form of communication. Without limiting the foregoing, you may not resell tickets of any kind or link to other web sites for the purpose of selling or reselling same. Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames will investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the web site and barring such violators from use of the web site. Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames reserves the right to block access to or cancel a ticket application of any user known or reasonably believed to be associated with any ticket broker or tout, or utilizing automated means to process or place ticket applications, or whose ticket application exceeds the stated limit.
Access and interference to intellectual property
You acknowledge and agree that all Content, including any material in the discussion forum and the compilation of the Content, is protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property and proprietary rights in effect in Denmark, the United States, Europe and elsewhere, and that these rights are valid and protected in all forms, media, and technologies that exist now or are developed or created in the future.
You may not copy, modify, delete, augment, publish, transmit, create derivative works, create or sell merchandise derived from our Content or in any other way exploit our Content, in whole or in part.
Unless otherwise stated, you may make copies of limited parts of our web site only for your personal, non-commercial use. You may not modify these copies and you must retain all copyright, trademark, legends, and other proprietary rights notices or any legend included thereof.
Logos and trademarks
Our logos and all other marks of Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames belonging to Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames are protected under current Danish legislation. You may not use, display or post them without the authorization of Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames. It is illegal to use any of the trademarks or any other intellectual property accessible through the web site for any purpose other than the purpose for which such material is made available by Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames. It is illegal to misrepresent yourself in any way sponsored by, affiliated with, or endorsed by Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames or any of it's providers. It is illegal to slender or disparage Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames, the trademarks or service marks of Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames, or any aspect of the web site. All other trademarks, products, services, company names, and logos that appear on our web site belong to their owners. You may not use, display, or post them without the authorization of the said owners.
Disclaimers of warranties
You expressly acknowledge and agree that:
- use of the web site is at your own risk. The web site is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. To the fullest extent permissible according to applicable law, we expressly waive all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited, to the implied warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
- we do not warrant or represent that
- the web site will meet your requirements,
- use of the web site will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free,
- the results that may be obtained from the use of the web site will be accurate or reliable,
- the quality of any products, services, or information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the web site or that such items will meet your expectations,
- the servers that make the web site available are free of viruses, worms or other harmful components; or
- any errors in the web site will be corrected.
- any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the web site is downloaded or obtained at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the downloading or obtaining of any such material. You solely assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing, repair or correction (in no event shall these costs be recoverable from Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames or any of our affiliated companies or any of our or their respective licensors or suppliers).
- no advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from us or through or from the web site or one of it's services shall create any warranty not expressly stated in these terms and Conditions.
Limitation of liability
We shall not be held liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages resulting from the use of or the inability to use or unapproved use of the web site. We shall not be held responsible for the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services or resulting from any goods or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through the web site, or resulting from unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions of data, including, but not limited to, any incidental, punitive or consecutive damages for loss of profits, use of data or other intangible, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages without limiting the foregoing, in no event shall our total liability (and that of our subsidiaries, affiliates, sponsors or licensors) to you for all damages, losses, and causes of action (whether in contract or tort, including, but not limited to, negligence or otherwise) exceed 1000,- DKK.
If you are dissatisfied with any portion of the web site, or with any of these User Conditions, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using this web site.
Your responsibilities and indemnification
You are responsible for your postings on our web site, the downloading of files, the distribution of information and the transmission of data by your computer system. If you cause damage to our web site or if somebody else uses your name or your password to cause harm to Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames, you will be held responsible for same. Do not reveal your password to anyone.
In addition, by using this web site, you agree to indemnify Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames, its officers, trustees, members, employees, volunteers, agents, and representatives and hold them harmless from any and all claims and expenses, legal fees, including attorneys' fees, arising from your use of the web site. You further agree to release Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames and its officers, trustees, members, employees, volunteers, agents, and representatives from any and all claims, demands, debts, obligations, damages (actual or consequential), costs and expenses of any kind, (known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed or undisclosed) that you may have against them arising out of, or in any way related to, your use of the web site or to any disputes regarding use of ideas or related materials submitted to Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames.
You undertake to indemnify and hold harmless Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames from and against all claims, actions, damages or other demands, including reasonable attorney fees and expenses (including any fees, costs and expenses relating to any dispute between you and us) by any third party as a result of:
- material that you have submitted, posted or sent through our web site and/or one of the services offered on our web site;
- your use of the web site and/or of one of the services offered on our web site;
- your connection to the web site and/or the services offered on our web site;
- any default on your part in terms of respecting your obligations as stipulated in the Terms and Conditions;
- violation of law or of the rights of any other person.
You hereby agree to waive all laws that may limit such releases.
Accuracy of information
The prices for products and services offered by the partners and sponsors of Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames, posted on the web site, and the description of the packages offered by the partners and sponsors of Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames, are supplied for information purposes only as this information is made available to Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames. Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames does not guarantee that all the information is accurate, error free or complete. Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames may not be held liable for any inaccurate or incomplete description or information supplied. Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames undertakes to verify with its partners and sponsors and to correct, as early as possible, any inaccurate or incomplete information that a user may signal.
Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames Hyperlink Policy
This web site may contain links to third party web sites over which Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames exercises no control («External web sites»). Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames does not endorse, is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products, services, or other materials on, or available from, such External web sites. The same applies to sites that may contain links to the web site. The Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames Hyperlink Policy governs all links on the web site.
Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames values web accessibility and is committed to making the web site accessible to as many people as possible. The Content is designed for client independence and supports an array of technologies.
Web site compatibility
The web site is compatible with Microsoft Internet Explorer (6.x, 7.x) and Mozilla (2.x) for Windows, Mac, OS and Linux.
The web site is optimized for an 1024 x 768 display screen resolution.
Governing law and dispute resolution
The Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames web site is operated from Copenhagen. All legal issues arising from, or related to, your use of the web site shall be construed in accordance with the applicable laws of Denmark including all questions relating thereto. The courts of Copenhagen, Denmark shall be the exclusive forum and venue to resolve disputes arising out of, or related to, these Terms and Conditions or your use of the web site. By using the web site, you fully consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the Danish courts with respect to all such disputes.
Intellectual property rights
Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames respects the intellectual property of others and we ask that you do the same. If you have good reasons to believe that your work has been copied or is being used on our web site in a manner that violates your intellectual property rights, we request that you inform Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames by providing the following information:
- the physical or digital signature, of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of those rights or her/his identification certificate, if available;
- a description of the work in relation to which you claim rights that have been infringed;
- the specific location on our web site of the item that you claim is infringing your rights;
- your address, telephone number and e-mail address;
- a sworn statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law;
- which includes, a statement by you, (as is appropriate under applicable local law), that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the intellectual property right owner or authorized to act on the owner's behalf.
Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames agent for notice of intellectual property claims is:
World Outgames 2009 ApS
Attention: Mette Röhe
Telephone: +45 70 2009 37
Fax: +45 70 2009 57
Violation of User Conditions
Should you violate these User Conditions or any other rights of Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames, Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames reserves the right to pursue any and all legal and equitable remedies against any violating user. If you are aware of any violations of these User Conditions, please report them to:
World Outgames 2009 ApS
1463 Copenhagen K
Telephone: +45 70 2009 37
Fax: +45 70 2009 57
Email: (All information submitted using this e-mail address is governed by the Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames Confidentiality Policy)
The User Conditions of the web site constitute the entire agreement between you and Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames governing your use of the web site. These User Conditions replace all previous agreements between you and Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames. You may also be subject to additional Terms and Conditions when using certain services provided by third parties.
Moreover by using the web site, you recognize that:
- The User Conditions are reasonable and necessary to protect legitimate interests on the part of Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames;
- If any provision of the User Conditions is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavour to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the User Conditions shall remain in full force and effect as conforming to the said decision;
- That monetary damages might be insufficient to indemnify Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames from a breach of the User Conditions and that in the case of such a contravention, Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames may immediately avail itself of the necessary procedures to enable it to obtain specific performance such as an interlocutory provisional injunction, an interlocutory injunction or a permanent injunction, before a competent jurisdiction;
- No renunciation of any provisions of these User Conditions may be opposed to Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames unless it is written and signed by a duly authorized representative of Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames.
All claims or causes of action arising from or related to the use of the web site or its User Conditions must be filed within one year following the date on which such claim or cause of action first arose. Otherwise, they will be deemed null and void.
Any request for information relating to our User Conditions may be sent to .