Vision, Mission & Values
World Outgames 2009 aims to create:
- An event based on the belief that cultural diversity is a condition for innovation, which is a condition for value creation in society – economically, socially, and culturally.
- An event that addresses the head, the heart, and the body. The head through the human rights conference, the heart through the culture and art programs, and the body through the sports program.
- An event whose ambition is to release the talent reserves and elevate the life quality of the LGBT community in Denmark and the rest of the world.
World Outgames 2009 is built on five pillars that express the values of our organization:
- Sustainability. World Outgames 2009 will be a healthy and balanced organization both in relation to finance, stakeholder relationships, and environmental responsibility.
- Cultural diversity. World Outgames 2009, a forum where people of every sexuality, gender, age, race, nationality, and religion meet in a spirit of tolerance to enjoy and learn from the richness of human diversity.
- Social Innovation. World Outgames 2009 not only supports and develops partnerships across the public, private, and volunteer sectors, it also ensures that everyone feels they get more out of the relationships than they put in.
- Transparency. World Outgames 2009 will give its partners as well as the general public access to and the opportunity to influence the professional, economic, and organization developments up to the launch of the event in Copenhagen.
- Generosity. The World Outgames 2009 organization will freely share its knowledge, contacts, and considerations.