Getting support from the Outreach program
Conditions for getting support
In order to obtain support, applicants shall fulfil the following conditions:
- You ARE an LGBT person or you are working to secure the rights of LGBT people.
- You are NOT a resident of Canada, the United States, Western Europe, Israel, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, or Hong Kong.
- You want to take part in the Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames sports program, cultural program and/or international LGBT Human Rights Conference.
- You are not in a position to pay for your participation yourself, but you are willing to pay DKK 350,- (app. 50 €) as a confirmation that you accept the Outreach support, and that you will take part in Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames. Use the currency converter to find the price in your own currency.
- You are at least 18 years old on 25 July 2009.
If you fulfil with these conditions, we invite you to apply for a grant from the Outreach Program.
Please note that not all applicants can expect to get support – even though you might fulfil the conditions for getting support.
Apply for support for
We open for applications for the Outreach Program in April 2008 and close for applications on 1 October 2008. We have now closed for applications!!!!
You can apply for support for the following:
- Registration fee for Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames
- Travel expenses*
* NOTE: Only applicants who want to participate in the Human Rights Conference can apply for financial support for travelling expenses. And applicants from Europe can not apply for financial support for travelling expenses.
Step 1: Submission of application
You have to fill out the Outreach application form online. You will recieve an email confirming the submission of a complete application shortly thereafter.
NOTE: If you apply for financial support via the Outreach Program for the registration fee do NOT register as a participant for the Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames now.
But if you’re only applying for accommodation from the Outreach program, you can register as a participant and pay your registration fee online now. Please note our Payment and Refund policy regarding our cancellation policy.
NOTE: We closed for application on 1 October 2008. We have now closed for applications!
Step 2: Response to applicants
When your application has been considered, you will receive an email (January 2009) with information about whether you have been granted outreach support or not.
If you are selected to get support, we will send you confirmation via email detailing exactly what level of support we can offer you and what you should do - e.g. how then to register as a participant for Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames.
Step 3: Finalising your application after grant of support
If you have been selected to get support from the Outreach Program, you have to confirm that you will take part in the World Outgames 2009 with the level of support we can offer you.
Depending on what level of support we can offer you, you might have to pay some of the expenses yourself.
If you have applied for - and we grant you - payment of your registration fee for Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames, your confirmation email will also contain information on how to register. You will then have 2 weeks to complete your registration for Copenhagen 2009 World Outgames and pay 350,- DKK (app. 50 €).
If you cannot take part, please let us know so that we can offer the support to someone else.